Sunday, March 27, 2011

I can't seem to help it, but I LOVE going to see performers live. I think it all began when I was 12 and The Beatles came to Toronto during their first North American tour. That did it. My love affair continued this past August when Paul McCartney played at the ACC. We had front row tickets which cost a fortune, but so terribly worth it. We, Paul and I, made eye contact a few times ( he also waved at me with his pick hand when I waved my 6 foot Union Jack ), so I can now die a happy woman.

Anyway, last night Randy Newman was at The Convocation Hall in Toronto and was wonderful. Such complexity packaged in a self-effacing man. There ain't nobody like him. If it had been 5 degrees warmer I would have waited by the Stage Door. Maybe next time, Randy.

Opps, gotta go. D has Woody Allen's Mighty Aphrodite playing and I just have to hear the Mira Sorvino deliver the best line in recent times. Do you know it?

No comments: