Thursday, July 3, 2014

Birdies

Last Monday I started an online course called . . . 

In addition to a block of watercolour paper I also bought this . . . 

We're using Daniel Smith paints which are unfamiliar to me.

I loved them immediately. Val chose a wonderful palette.

 I'm impressed with the way the six colours mix.

 I stopped at 11 pages of sample colours.

 Val gave us many bird photos to begin our study, but I have a thing for 
Shoebill Storks right now, so . . . 

 I think this may be next . . . 

 . . .  or this.

4 comments:

shevaun said...

It's great to see you painting!! Daniel Smith's are lovely paints... a friend gave me some to try out and I really like their consistency and transparency. If you look online, they also do dot charts with little samples of colour, some of which are free. Keep up the good work!

Candice said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Shevaun. I'd love it if you ran an online course in botanical painting! Val Webb hosts seminars about how to set up an online course . . . hint. hint.

life ldc said...

Love those faces....you are so talented....I see a line of note cards in your future :)

Candice said...

Ahh, that crystal ball is future looking again!